1. All applications for FIDE rated events will only be accepted from MCF state affiliates. However, international, national and developmental events directly organised by MCF need not go through MCF state affiliates.
2. MCF no longer accepts direct applications from FIDE or MCF titled arbiters, from those in the now disbanded National Chess Organisers program, from chess academies, and/or private or commercial organisers. These will all have to go through MCF state affiliates.
3. On applications for a FIDE ID, the player may request directly from the MCF FIDE Rating Officer but MCF will require verification from their state affiliate. MCF state affiliates may also apply for a FIDE ID on behalf of their endorsed event organiser.
4. For FIDE Rated events, the registration fee is RM300 per tournament (for event organized by independent organizers) and RM200 per tournament for State Affiliate organizers. For Standard event, an additional rate of RM10 per player shall be imposed, and for Rapid/Blitz chess events, the additional of RM3 per player shall apply. This rate shall be maintained for 2023 and will be revised for 2024.
5. A deposit which includes the Tournament Fee and estimated Players Fee – based on the estimated number of entries, need to be submitted to MCF prior to any event being approved. Any shortfall from the deposit must be submitted in full when submitting the TUN file for FIDE Rating purposes, whilst any excess will be refunded accordingly. Incomplete submission or payment, will result in the event not being submitted to FIDE and in such event, MCF shall not be hold responsible.
6. Applicants for FIDE rated events will be advised by the MCF FIDE Ratings Officer of the information required for him or her to register a specific FIDE rated tournament but typically would need the name of Chief Arbiter, type and format of the event, dates, number of rounds, time control and the total prize fund together with organiser contact details.
7. The event’s designated Chief Arbiter and the Pairings Officer must be approved by MCF. The MCF Rating Officer also has the right to reject incompletely submitted tournament reports, and with repeated failure to comply, MCF will to not submit it for FIDE rating.
Download: FIDE Rated Event Application Form